Effective Monday August 3rd the allergy injections will be back to the normal pre-COVID scheduled times, with no alphabetical restrictions
- Monday 7:00am – 12:30pm & 2:00pm – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 8am – 11:30am & 2:00pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 7:00am – 12:30pm & 2:00pm – 4:30pm
All patients must continue to strictly adhere to the following instructions for the health and safety of our patients and staff –
- All patients arriving for allergy injections will enter the office through the front door
- Please limit the number of people you bring with you to no more than one other person
- Everyone that enters the office must have a facial covering that covers both the nose and mouth in place at all times while in the office
- Everyone will have their temperature taken before entering the office.
- If a person’s temperature is 100° or greater, or they refuse, access inside will be denied
- Everyone will be asked screening questions prior to entering the office
- The questions are updated based on CDC guidelines and current virus trends, so please take time to read them and answer them honestly to protect other patients and our staff
After initial screening you will be directed to the front receptionist check-in window-
- Have picture ID and current insurance card ready
- Staff will be updating demographic information, verifying insurance, collecting co-pay and any outstanding balance
- To expedite this process please consider signing up for credit card on file, which will be explained at your first inside allergy injection visit
- After the check-in process, you will be directed to designated marked areas within the waiting room until you are called to enter the Shot Room
- When called, only enter through the door identified “SHOTS ENTER”
- When leaving the shot room, exit through the door identified “SHOTS EXIT”
- Exit the waiting room through the front door, while maintaining social distancing (at least six (6) feet) between others
- As always, you will be expected to wait 30 minutes after receiving your injection, so please do so in the comfort of your car in the parking lot for your 30 minutes. You are free to exit after your wait if you are feeling fine.
- If you experience a reaction while waiting or after your 30 minute wait, please call the main office number and the staff will give you instructions.
Please continue to check our website frequently for updates, as we continue to modify our processes as needed based on the restrictions in our area. Thank you for your continued cooperation as we strive to provide quality care while protecting everyone. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Paul Mauriello
Justina Workman, CRNP