Our Drive-Thru Allergy Injection service at our Hagerstown location has proven to be an extremely popular service. However, with the weather becoming hot, and summer storms occurring, effective Monday June 29th we will bring allergy injections back into the office for the safety of our staff.
As the staff and patients adapt to the new routine we will continue to follow the same hours and schedule as previously observed in our drive-thru service-
• Monday 8am-12n & 2pm-4pm Last Name beginning with the letter A – I
• Wednesday 8am-12n & 2pm-5pm Last Name beginning with J – R
• Thursday 8am-12n & 2pm-4pm Last Name beginning with S – Z
For the health and safety of our patients and staff due to the ongoing concerns of COVID-19, we ask that all patients strictly adhere to the following instructions-
• All patients arriving for allergy injections will enter the office through the front door
o Please limit the number of people you bring with you to no more than one other person
• Everyone that enters the office must have a facial covering that covers both the nose and mouth in place at all times while in the office
• Everyone will have their temperature taken before entering the office.
o If a person’s temperature is 100° or greater, or they refuse, access inside will be denied
• Everyone will be asked screening questions prior to entering the office
• Please have ID and current insurance card ready
• After initial screening you will be directed to the front receptionist to
o Update information, verify current insurance, collect co-payment and address any balance
o To expedite this process please consider signing up for credit card on file, which will be explained at your first inside allergy injection visit
• After the staff have updated your information and collected payment, you will be directed to designated marked areas within the waiting room until you are called to enter the Shot Room
o When called, only enter through the door identified “SHOTS ENTER”
o When leaving the shot room, exit through the door identified “SHOTS EXIT”
• Exit the waiting room through the front door, while maintaining social distancing (at least six (6) feet) between others
• As always, you will be expected to wait 30 minutes after receiving your injection, so please do so in the comfort of your car in the parking lot for your 30 minutes. You are free to exit after your wait if you are feeling fine.
• If you experience a reaction while waiting or after your 30 minute wait, please call the main office number and the staff will give you instructions.
Please continue to check our website frequently for updates, as this is a new process we are initiating for our allergy shot patients, and we will continue to make changes as needed. Thank you again for your cooperation as we continue to modify our processes in order to continue to provide quality care while protecting everyone. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Paul Mauriello
Justina Workman, CRNP